Friday, December 5, 2014

Best Historical Romance Writers of All Time: Mary Balogh

Probably one of the best historical romance writer I could think of right now is Mary Balogh. I am a great fan historical romance (as you have probably guessed)and one of the writers that writes the best historical romance books (for me) is Mary Balogh. 

I don't remember what was the first book I've read that she wrote, but among the books I read, I always come across her name. I've searched her website (http://www.marybalogh.com/books.html) to find out more about the books she wrote.

If you really love books and enjoyed good writing by a certain author, it would be like finding a treasure trove to find out that she had written so many, many books! This is exactly how I felt when I saw all the number of books she had written. She first published a book on 1989 entitled "The Star of Bethlehem" and until now, she's still publishing her works!

It was truly a divine moment for me.

I was just reading a while ago one of her books, "The Gilded Web". I'm not really good at description so I won't spoil any information about the book. However, I can say how it made me feel-it made me want to turn the pages again and again to know their full story.

There were times when it made me gasp and sat up straight with a witless expression on my face. I guess I could say that I've lived in their world for a while. 

If I were to rate it from one to ten, I would say that "The Gilded Web" would definitely be an eight. It was a good book, the very kind of book that you read to relieve your stress after many exams. Still, it was not the kind of book you would remember for a lifetime. Still, it was a very good book. 

Mary Balogh is the author of books who would definitely make me smile in trying times.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment